Blood sugar level it’s the amount of glucose from what you eat, that’s circulating in your bloodstream providing energy to cells or storing it for future use. A well-balanced blood sugar level is crucial to maintain physical and emotional well-being, reduce food cravings, it regulates your hormones and increases your metabolism to help you lose weight and burn stored fat.
1. Drink more water. Quick and easy way to determine how much water to drink is to divide your body weight in half. This is the approximate number of water ounces you should drink daily. So if you weight 150 pounds, you should drink 75 ounces of water (just over 2 litres)
2. Experiment with protein sources to find those best for you. You can start with breakfast experiment: every day for a week, have different protein in the morning and make notes on how you feel afterwards. You can try: eggs, tofu, meat, nut butters added your smoothie or porridge. Be creative and don’t be afraid to try something you wouldn’t normally have for breakfast
3. Add healthy fats throughout the day. Avocados, good quality oils, nuts and seeds, and olives should all be on your “to go” list.
4. Eat more high quality foods, meaning fresh, natural produce. That’s the only way to control what goes into your body. Aim to increase the amount of high quality food in your diet.
5. As much as possible have consistent meal times so that you don’t get too hungry and your blood sugar never goes too low. If you know you may have to go long stretches of time between meals, make sure you have healthy snacks to hand.
6. Sleep! If you are sleep deprived your stress hormone cortisol rises, and increases hunger.
7. Move your body. Tony Robins says “If you want to change emotion, change motion”. I am not taking here about gruelling workouts in the gym. Find something that gives you pleasure and do more of it.
I am curious – which one of these steps are you going to implement today? Let me know if in the comments below.