Hi, my name is Joanna and I have a confession to make.
I hate labels. I hate being defined by what I do, what I eat, what I wear…
That’s why I don’t like calling myself a Health Coach, a vegan, a blogger.
These boxes feel too small for my liking!
I am here to serve you, and I have the knowledge, skills, qualifications,
and experience to take you from where you are to where you want to get.
In 2013 I decided to go back to school and learn as much as I can to get a
Health Coach qualification. I finally found something that allowed me to combine
my passion for food, healthy eating, and helping people.
Fun facts about me:
- I baked cakes galore for college cake sales. I sold very little because sale is not where I shine. But these were good cakes! And I was ready for unexpected guests for months to come.
- I’ve been on every single weight loss diet out there so I know they really don’t work.
I am my best client (even though I sometimes argue with my own recommendations!) – I lost weight (and kept it off) without being on a diet and I improved my cholesterol levels with food alone
- I eat mostly plant-based diet, unless surprised
- Every now and again, I crave feta cheese, so I have a little cube
- I choose to eat eggs (occasionally) and honey (because I like it with hot water and lemon), too! (it’s all about avoiding labels)
- I LOVE football, rugby, and sports generally
- Favourite music: GooGooDalls, MatchBox20, Rob Thomas, Michael Buble (in no particular order)
- I did my first cooking show in my grandmother’s kitchen, aged 6. I don’t even think we had cooking shows on TV at the time so I don’t know what came over me! What I made was not for human consumption, but this is another story
- My favourite childhood food was fresh bread with butter, and salt. Simple things!
- My new ambition is to take vegan/ vegetarian chef training. If I put it out there, it will come true.
I have an ongoing passion for learning, improving my skills and getting better.
I received my training as a Health Coach from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition’s cutting-edge Health Coach Training Program. I am also The Transformational Coaching Method Coach.
It is an advanced professional coach skills training that combines concepts and methodologies from Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), cutting edge psychology, shadow work, family systems work, neuroscience, and spirituality.
During my training, I studied over 100 dietary theories, practical lifestyle management techniques, and innovative coaching methods with some of the world’s top health and wellness experts. My teachers included Dr. Andrew Weil, Director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine; Dr. Deepak Chopra, leader in the field of mind-body medicine; Dr. David Katz, Director of Yale University’s Prevention Research Center; Dr. Walter Willett, Chair of Nutrition at Harvard University; Geneen Roth, bestselling author and expert on emotional eating; and many other leading researchers and nutrition authorities.
My education has equipped me with extensive knowledge in holistic nutrition, health coaching, and preventive health. Drawing on these skills and my knowledge of different dietary theories, I work with clients to help them make lifestyle changes that produce real and lasting results.
I am also a proud holder of a Master Practitioner of NLP (Neuro-Lingusting Programming) certificate which I was awarded after learning NLP from its co-creator Richard Bandler, John LaValle, President of the Sociaty of NLP, and Kathleen La Valle. I “blame” NLP for where I’m today and everything great that happened in my life.
Learn more about my unique approach to health coaching.
Are you curious about how health coaching can help you? Let’s talk. Schedule your free Radiant, nourished you strategy session ($97 value – complimentary) with me today.