I let go of setting New Year’s resolutions many years ago because frankly I got tired of writing the same thing every year (lose weight) and never even achieving it. I might have thought that setting resolutions was enough in order to achieve them and it took me a while to figure out that it’s not enough….
So instead I do a review of the previous year and set intention for the New Year. You can do it at any point during the year, so don’t feel like “you missed the boat”. Your birthday is a perfect time to do it.
Today I wanted to draw your attention to the most important item on your calendar, the one you should prioritise before anything else.
Hands up if you calendar for 2019 is already somewhat full?
You look at it and think to yourself how on earth did that even happen??
It’s so easy to let business/work/other people priorities to fill in you calendar and before you realise you are booked up every weekend and that girls’ trip you’ve been hoping for is just not gonna happen this year. Again.
It’s not too late to fix it although it might require disappointing some people and getting out of things you already committed to.
I have two tasks for you today.
- Make yourself a nice cup of coffee, light a candle, get your journal and write down at least 5 things that you love doing, that bring joy and that you definitely like to do more of 2019. Please make sure you share with me in the comments or over on the IG.
- Schedule those things in your diary. It’s so easy to let other people’s priorities take over our lives (I have definitely been guilty of it!), we say yes to meetings and engagement before we schedule things that are actually important to us. It’s time to change it.
I started planning 2019 by putting those things in first:
- Travel (yes – I already have time off scheduled for the rest of year)
- Quality time with my partner and family
- Body: movement/Spa/massage time
- Connecting with friends – in person and on the phone, not just by liking their posts on the social
- Growth – attending course, conferences, learning
I put those things on my calendar first because they are my highest priorities for the year. I want them to happen regularly and intentionally rather than being an afterthought. I want to be able to look forward to a date night with my Man rather than just randomly grabbing a dinner out.
I am so curious to know what you will add to your calendar this year? What is that you love? Let me know in the comments below.